Start your teaching journey!
Become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
This transformative programme is designed to take each student step by step through the journey to becoming a safe and effective yoga teacher.
The Shala runs two annual 200hr teacher training programmes:
• One month intensive
• Four month part-time
Our dates for 2022
RYT200 Part Time
1. 04-06 March
2. 11-13 March
3. 25-27 March
4. 08-10 April
5. 22-24 April
6. 13-15 May
7. 27-29 May
8. 10-12 June
9. 17-19 June
Sun 7:00-9:30, 12:00–17:00
Four weeks Mon-Sat:
1. Mon 5 – Sat 10 Sep
2. Mon 12 – Sat 17 Sep
3. Mon 19 – Sat 24 Sep
4. Mon 26 Sep – Sat 1 Oct
Sundays – off day
• Correct alignment of foundational physical poses (asana).
• Safe and intelligent sequencing.
• Deeper understanding of breath technique (pranayama).
• Self-inquiry and yogic philosophy.
• Comprehensive anatomy and physiology module.
Foundational poses and safe alignment.
Body observation and prop usage.
Self-inquiry and the chakra systems.
Restorative yoga, pranayama and meditation.
Voice technique and teaching practical’s.
Teaching skills and technique.
Chanting and meditation.
Further teaching skills and technique.
Digestion and nutrition.
Preparation for teaching assignment and feedback.
The Shala – Cape Town Yoga School is a RYS200
Graduates are able to register as RYT200
R25,000 (VAT included)
R22,500 (VAT included)
Paid two months prior course starting date.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Terms & Conditions
Please note there is a non-refundable R1200 admin fee for any/all RYT payments.
Upon payment and confirmation of your place:
• If cancellation is more than 4 weeks from start date = 100% refund.
• If cancellation is between 2-4 weeks from start date = 50% refund available.
• If cancellation is less than 2 weeks from start date = 25% refund available.
If you are paying from outside of South Africa:
• Any monies paid to The Shala must reflect the full ZAR amount once cleared.
• The Shala is not responsible for any exchange rate fluctuations, bank charges or service fees.
• Any refunded monies will be made in original ZAR amount and may vary from amount paid in another currency after exchange rate fluctuations, bank charges or service fees.